Homeware in the Highlands. Shipping worldwide.
How to make your glassware sparkle
Dishwashers are great for sturdy glassware, but delicate, painted and trimmed glass must be washed by hand. In general, if you want to avoid streaks, spots and lipstick marks, a gentle hand-wash is the way to go. When that isn’t enough, try these tips to keep your glasses squeaky clean, because there's something so simple and luxurious about having sparkly glassware...
REMOVING WATER LINES AND CLOUDINESS
- Cut a lemon in half and remove the seeds.
- Rub the lemon over the water lines and hard-water spots on the glassware until they are gone.
- Fill the sink halfway with water. Add 1 cup of white vinegar. Soak the glassware overnight if any water lines and spots remain.
- Hand-wash the glassware the next day.
FOR CLOUDY GLASSWARE
- Run the water at the hottest temperature you can handle. Add dish soap and wash the glassware as usual.
- Polish the glassware dry with a lint-free cloth.
- Dampen a soft cloth with white vinegar and rub cloudy glassware clean.
- Rinse with hot water.
- Polish with a lint-free cloth
IN A HURRY?
- Invest in a great glass cloth. These Riedel Micro Fibre Cleaning Cloths are perfect for quick fixes.